Freelancing in Tokyo
Even now, long after the end of Japan’s “bubble economy,” Tokyo offers excellent freelance opportunities in many sectors, with salaries ranging from US$30-150 an hour — opportunities, which, for the most part, do not require special skills.
What is required are insights into working and living in Tokyo that can only be gained through first-hand experience. This is where Freelancing in Tokyo (FIT) becomes your new best friend, providing essential information for a successful freelance career. In fact, if readers follow the advice offered in this book, salaries from USD $50-75K can be earned in Tokyo from part-time, freelancing positions within the first year!
FIT is ideal for native-English speakers who are:
- Thinking of working in Tokyo
- Tokyo newbies
- Spouses of people in Tokyo on job assignments
- Tokyo old-timers seeking to maximize their potential
What makes FIT unique is:
- First-hand job descriptions
- An active website with all links from the book
- Japanese 101: Basic phrases for daily living
- Japanese phrases to help get the jobs and salary you want
Most importantly, FIT is written in a witty, engaging style, providing not only an informative read, but an entertaining one as well.